How I pack for NYFW // Outfit Round-Up
I have gone to NYFW a few times and I must say that I mastered the art of packing quite a bit. It can be stressful and tedious, but preparing yourself is key. Thanks to my friends over at CALPAK, packing has always been a breeze, and most importantly, I’m always traveling in style. We’re giving you a chance to win a 3-piece luggage CALPAK set of your own at the end of this post, so don’t miss it!
Here are a few things to consider before you start packing:
- What’s the weather like in the city you’re visiting? I cannot emphasize how important this is! Make sure to pick pieces according to the weather. You don’t want to be wearing short shorts in 60 degree weather, or wool tops in 80% humidity. It still felt like summertime in New York, so I made sure I brought lightweight pieces to wear.
- How long are you staying? This helps you determine how many outfits you should pack. I always recommend bringing an extra outfit or two just in case—you might need it for any last minute agendas, or a wardrobe malfunction.
- Try to match and color-coordinate your pieces. My closet mostly consists of neutral colors so it’s not much of a problem. However, we often forget that we are limited with what we can bring, and that's why it’s important to plan your outfits accordingly. I usually play it safe and bring a pair of black sneakers and heels because I can pretty much wear them with any outfit.
Leave ample room in your luggage, or bring an extra tote bag with you. There’s no reason to over pack because there’s always opportunities to shop! That’s one of the reasons why traveling is fun. I always try to leave room in my luggage because I know for a fact that I’m going to be bringing new goodies with me back home.
Moving on to my NYFW outfits, here's a round-up of all my looks:
- Follow both @paudictado + @calpak on Instagram
- Subscribe to CALPAK’s email list
- Leave a comment below that includes your dream travel destination with a link to your favorite luggage
***Continental U.S. participants only***
Winner will be announced on my blog Friday, October 7, 2016 - GOOD LUCK!